This post has come as a special request form one of our members. Today I share my Homemade Granola recipe.
Why I Love This Recipe
- So easy
- Super fast
- Incredibly versatile
Healthier Option To Store Bought
- Gluten free
- Unrefined oils
- Naturally sweetened – No added sugars
Change It Up
If you want to make something a little fresher for the summer months, try skipping the cinnamon and instead adding fresh lime zest and mint. If you want something heartier for the fall, add pumpkin pie spice and fresh ginger. You can also add in ¼ cup almond or peanut butter. Or if you’ve had a chocolate craving, give cocoa nibs or an unsweetened cocoa powder a try. Truly anything goes!
How To Use It
- As a cereal, just add milk
- On top of yogurt
- As a base to baked apples
- Just as a snack (sometimes I pack these in a little container and take them on the go for Arlen)
- Make it savory and add to salads or roasted vegetables
- 3 Cups, Quick Cooking Oats (Organic, Gluten Free)
- 1 Cups Nuts/Seeds (I used pecans, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and flax seeds) You can use pepitas (pumpkin seeds), walnuts, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, etc. Use what you have, or what you love!
- 1 Pinch, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon, Cinnamon
- Optional 1 Cup, Unsweetened Dried Fruit (Raisins, chopped dates, figs, etc.)
- ¼ Cup, Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons, Honey (Or Maple Syrup)
- 1 Teaspoon, Vanilla (You can also use an almond extract which is really good and makes the whole house smell amazing.)
- Combine and stir the dry ingredients.
- Combine and stir the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir.
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.